Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 23

Well I had my first real mental day yesterday. I just think the reality that I have been in this room for three weeks and I still have four more weeks to go just got a little overwhelming. Also my neighbor friend on this floor with twins had her babies on Monday night and I was able to stay with her during her monitoring when her babies went into distress and was able to stay with her until she went into the OR. It really scared me about my own situation and just made everything so real. Her babies were born and weighed 2-4, and 2-11. They were born at 31 weeks. I am planning on seeing them today in the NICU with my friend, and they are actually doing very well for their gestation age.

Today is a brighter day and I am trying to work on having a positive attitude. I think the big thing is is that you just have no privacy or control when your in the hospital. People come in left and right for different things and you just have to deal with it. My showers have become a sanctuary for me because it is really the only place to have privacy and a real therapeutic meltdown.

Leon, the kids, and the Grandparents are doing very well. I am so thankful that mom and Dad were able to come and just take over the reigns of our family. Leon is at the hospital with me often and came this morning to meet with our doctor. My monitoring is now 3X NST (Non stress Test) daily with fetal tones in between. The doctor said that we are planing to have a c-section the day that I turn 32 weeks which is March 25th, therefore our goal is 28 more days:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. It is wonderful to read your blog and see how you can been keeping a positive attitude. I am 21.5 weeks pregnant with momo boys and am planning on going inpatient at 24 weeks. I already struggle with worry about leaving my children, being stuck in a hospital and all of the non positive things that go along with it. I know God is in control of all things, including my babies, but it is encouraging to see another person of faith going through this with such a great attitude. Thank you for your posts. It is very encouraging to me! God bless you!

HopefulTopalians said...

Thank you for your comment April! Feel free to email me at kim.topalian@gmail.com if you want to chat. Its nice to have other momo moms to talk to especially when we are impatient.Im excited to her about your boys, they are very special since 75% of momos are girls. Remember, God is in control and the only thing we can do is pray and trust and hope:) Hopefully we can chat soon.