Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 7

I can not believe that I have already been in this hospital room for a week. God has been so good because the time is going by so fast. I had some contractions over the last couple days but they are pretty normal and the nurses didn't seem to be nervous at all about them. I was so excited to be able to have one of my really good friends (Kendall) to be my nurse over the weekend because she normally does not even work the preterm area.

Today, I got my first dose of Celestone which is a steroid SHOT (that really burns:)to help the babies lungs to develop and to prepare them for a preterm birth. I will get the second dose in 24 hours and a third dose when I am 30 weeks. Please pray that the babies lungs will respond well to the Celestone and accelerate their development.

They are planning on increasing my monitoring to two 1 hour continuous session and heart tones every four hours. This will at least allow me to still have walking privileges and not be strap to the bed 24/7. I even got to walk outside yesterday and today and it felt like a Christmas morning. I have have never been so glad to get outside.

Mom and I started a Beth Moore bible study today that we will do long distance with my sister in Switzerland. It was so funny today because it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get through the first DVD session of our study because of the nurses in and out and different little check ups of the babies.

Thank you all for your prayers and support! I am very thankful to God for getting us this far and really have a peace that He is in control. Even in times when they struggle to find the heartbeats, God still gives me a peace. My children are doing great with Grandma and Papa and Leon comes to see me every night for dinner. God is good!!!

1 comment:

Tina BS said...

Hi Kim! It's obxbound (Tina) from the MoMo boards. Awesome to see your sight. I can't tell you how much both the site and the blog have been theraputic for me. I'll be following you too.