Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day one and two in Hospital

Well, I am finally here. I arrived on Tuesday around 4:00. My room is very nice and the nurses seem to be very nice as well. They all seem to be very informed about momo twins and realize that I will be here a longggg time. Once admitted, I had alot of blood work done and was ( or we tried) to have the babies continously monitored for 1 hour straight with a stress test. The nurses had a very hard time getting both babies on the montiors for one whole hour. With momos, this seems to be very difficult because they are so close together.

My orders are to montior the babies with a stress test every morning, and then if everything looks ok to just check the every four hours. I didnt realize that also meant in the middle of the night. That was very hard last night to have to be woken up by the nurse at midnight and then at four to be monitored. But I keep telling myself this is not about me but for the babies.

Leon of course was with me all day and Mom and Dad and the kids came to see me last night. I think we all realize that this is a whole new chapter in this pregnancy and we are in for a long haul.

Day two

Woke up at 5:30 am and walked around the halls twice. It was also nice to see the snow outside in Florence sc. The nurses once again are having trouble getting the readings on both babies for one continous hour. In fact, After trying for about an hour they are going to let the babies settle down and try again in a bout 45 minutes. I saw my doctor and we discussed when I would go on continous monitoring, but with them having a hard time getting it for one straight hour I cannot imagine doing it non stop all day and night. The babies seem to be very active which is good but also makes it very hard for them to see how they are actually doing with thier heartbeats and blood flow. At least I get to hear thier heartbeats all throughtout the day and to be honest that alone has helped me to relax a lot more then if I was at home. Im glad and thankful that I am here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Hope all is well, we will keep you and the babies in our prayers. I have been keeping up with your blog. I can't believe that you guys have snow, we have about 13 inches here, I miss those WA days of warm weather and lots of movies. Miss talking to you, we might head to SC on spring break so if we do I might make a day trip up to see ya, still not sure of plans. Take care and blog a lot so we know what it going on.
Talk to you soon
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, We were thinking about you on Wednesday at Home group. We will continue to pray for you. As a prayer and praise says May KIm be in hospital for a long time.......