Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week two or day 9

Well the doctors up my monitoring to twice a day for one hour, with every four hour fetal tones. Last night however the babies were moving so much that the monitoring took from 7pm to almost 11:30pm on my back strapped to the machines just to get a complete one hour reading. Praise God the girls are still doing good. My doctor says that we will try to continue to increase the monitoring as the girls get older and by 30 weeks we will probably be on continuous 24/7. My doctor is very honest with us and told us this morning that even with all the monitoring something could still happen at anytime. Even with continuous 24/7 monitoring, she says that I could go to the bathroom or take a shower and the girls could get in trouble with there cords. Its hard to hear but I still have this incredible peace that they are going to be OK.

I'm enjoying my little bit of freedom that I have now, and I love being able to go outside. I have had so many good friends that have come to visit me and also all of my wonderful friends online and from Australia that have constantly been emailing me with support and prayer. I can not tell you all what that means for our family right now. Thank you so much! Also my parents have been so wonderful to stop there life to come from Alabama for 5 months to simply move in with us and help us through this difficult time. Leon of course is up here daily for dinner with me and the kids have also been by often and we skype alot as well. All in all everything is going great.

1 comment:

Our4GreatKids said...

Hi Kim!!! We are praying for you, your family, and your precious baby girls! You may remember me from your CBS small group, I have Jessica (8), Jaycie (5), Jamie (3) & Jacob (3). I also just realized that I live in your neighborhood. I would love to help you & your family out. - Jennifer